Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Urban Slide

Yesterday didn't look like it was going to be great...weather wise that is.  The sky was grey and looked like it was going to rain...not that we could complain really as the summer has been amazing.

It has been hot and sunny every day...the weather has pretty much been perfect.  In fact, it's been a pretty perfect summer so far.  However we have been spoiled and we were expecting perfect weather, but either way we were still going through with our plans. The Urban Slide...a
200 ft long slip and slide...how amazing is that!  It was set up down one of the side streets in Meaford.  What else do a bunch of mid-thirty-somethings do on a Saturday?

We picked up our tickets and walk in through the gates.  We were super stoked as soon as we saw it!  This was going to be great...this was a fantastic way to spend a Saturday.  But first,  the beer tent!
We had more than a few drinks and had something to eat...we of course can't do anything without a couple of drinks in us - and then headed to the line up.

The line up was brutal.   We waited for an hour...an hour without anything to drink and surrounded  by little kids.  We did everything to keep ourselves entertained and just took random photos of us posing.  We had to remind ourselves that there were children around and make sure to filter our language though it was more difficult for some than others.         

The slide itself was a lot of fun.  The guys forgot they had their phones on them so they had to go all the way down holding it in their t-shirt praying they didn't get wet. I laughed all the way down.  I am pretty light so I went fast and just bounced off the sides.  Then, it was done.

When we got to the bottom we looked back at the the line and it had doubled.  We didn't want to spend the whole day in the beer tent as we had to drive back so we left.... a bit disappointed to be honest.  We were so excited and had spent money for our tickets and it was nothing like the advertisement.

On our way back the guys decided to go to Wasaga Beach (a half hour past Collingwood.)  I was so hungry or should I say hangry  (so hungry I was angry) that I wanted to stop and get Tim Horton's but I was told wee would eat in Wasaga.  To my disappointment, when we arrived at our friends house in Wasaga the guys then decided to go back to Collingwood and eat. Ughh.  At this point I was FUNGRY - FUCKING ANGRY BECAUSE I WAS SO HUNGRY!!!  One of our buddies was going to hop in the back with me but when he opened the door and saw my mood he decided it was in his best interest to take his own car.   Hahaha, it's true though, I was not in a good mood.  I hadn't eaten all day and we drank in the beer tent....FEED ME PLEASE!!!

We finally got to a restaurant but we ordered everything to share (for 5 people) so it wasn't enough for me hahaha.  It was a blast though,  we laughed so hard because our one buddy was just on a roll.  It felt good to laugh after being so moody.

The rest of the night went as our nights usually did, music and lots to drink with me being the first one to go to bed.

All in all it was a fun day.  There is another Urban Slide next month.  I asked the guys if they wanted to go....they said NO!




No comments:

Post a Comment